Are you suffering with headaches or migraines? Here are the acupressure points that can help relieve your pain.
Acupressure: an all-natural treatment for headaches
Acupressure is an all-natural, drug-free approach to treating headache and migraine. A significant amount of discomfort that occurs in the head is due to tight muscles and circulatory issues that can be treated relatively easily with acupressure. The basic advantage to using this technique as a part of a comprehensive plan is that you aren’t just treating symptoms but are helping to re-achieve balance within your body.
Targets for head pain relief
Here are a few areas of the body that are good points of focus if you want to clear obstructed energy channels so that endorphins can access the parts of your body where their pain-relieving properties are most needed:
#1 – Forehead
The points on your forehead and face contain energy that moves downward throughout your body.
· Third eye point – Access this point in between your eyebrows. Pressing on this area for 60 seconds can reduce pain from ulcers and headaches. It can also increase focus.
· Bright light – You will find this point at the inner corner of each eye just beneath your brow. “Applying pressure at these points works excellent in relieving sinus headaches and allergy symptoms,” notes Modern Reflexology. “In addition, it also helps in improving vision.”
#2 – Temple
There are actually a series of points in this area that begin above your ear and continue until you are directly behind it, each of them located about a half-inch out from your ear.
- Hairline curve
- Valley lead
- Celestial hub
- Floating white
- Head portal yin
These points are particularly helpful for migraines and unilateral headaches (ones that occur on a single side).
#3 – Face
· Welcome fragrance – You will find this point on either side of your nose, just to the outside of your nostrils. These points are particularly helpful for tension and sinus headaches.
#4 – Hands
· Union valley – You can access this point in the tissue that separates your index finger and thumb. Pressing on this area helps alleviate the pain of frontal headaches, neck tension, and lower back pain.
#5 – Feet
· Moving between – This similar point in your foot is located in the area connecting your big toe and the one next to it. “Applying pressure on this point helps in relieving headaches, tiredness of eye, arthritis and foot cramps,” Modern Reflexology explains.
Stop your pain with expert help
Do you need relief from a chronic migraine or headache condition? At Pain Stop, we have combined a unique nonsurgical approach with a collection of some of the most advanced pain relief technology and protocols available from any clinic in Arizona. Get a free consultation, X-rays, and hydro-massage.